Hey hey guys I’m back with yet another Kickstarter campaign! This time around, I’m spotlighting GB Patch’s upcoming comedy dating sim, XOXO Droplets. I have been following this game for awhile, but in order to reach a larger audience GB Patch wants to create a free to play version of the game, so, they created this KS campaign to help raise funds.
This game is in the final stages of development and the fact that GB Patch is willing to release both a free and paid version of the game is awesome!
XOXO Droplets is a quirky comedic romance visual novel that follows an optimistic young girl as she attempts to woo six jerks. This promises to be an immersive gaming experience full of fun features an mini games that will keep players captivated for hours!
The story begins when our nameable protagonist finally transfers into the boarding school of her dreams at the start of her junior year in high school. It would be perfect if it wasn’t for that little catch attached to her enrollment: her parents will only let her keep attending the school if she doesn’t make everyone there hate her, like she always does.
Do your best to show just enough interest in the other losers around to appease the folks while still having time to chase after all the attractive guys in the MC’s afterschool group, which just so happens to be a group for chronically unfriendable people.
–Synopsis (GB Patch)
GB Patch is working on creating two versions of the game, a free to play version and a commercial release. Both games will follow the same general plot, however the free version will only feature three of the six planned love interests. The full version will also feature two additional side boyfriend options.
Heroine (name changeable) is an optimistic transfer student, who has finally enrolled in her dream boarding school. Persistent and enthusiastic, she is a force of nature!
- Everett Gray is available in both the free and full versions of the game. He is a shallow hipster and a bit of a mama’s boy. Everett is a piece of work, but despite his vices he’s pretty popular around school.
- Nate Lawson is available in both the free and full versions of the game. He is an uptight perfectionist, who likes for everything to be in its proper place. Nate is respected by his peers, but he can be a bit of a stickler.
- Shiloh Fields is available in both the free and full versions of the game. At first glance, Shiloh seems like a pretty upstanding guy. But, secretly he’s a self-serving suck up…
- Bae Pyoun is an arrogant prick, who believes that he is always the smartest person in the room. Bae is egotistical and an all around insufferable person to be around.
- Jeremy King is a bit of a Debbie Downer. He’s one of those guys that never seems to be happy about anything… Jeremy is a slacker of the highest caliber, but just poke him a bit and he’ll grudgingly kick it into gear.
- Pran Taylor is a pessimistic young man that only sees the worst in others. Pran is stubborn and more than a little difficult, but thankfully he likes to keep to himself.
- Adrian Wulu*- one of the side boyfriend options.
- Kam Sung*- one of the side boyfriend options.
- An expansive visual novel experience with HOURS of gameplay and features!!
- Break up with boyfriends in favor of a new beau
- Maintain Reputation stats with other characters
- In game phone calls to potential love interests
- Customize the Heroine with several cute accessories
- Paid version: There are SIX main male love interest and TWO side romance options.
- Free to Play: There are THREE main male love interest.
- There will be several choices throughout the game that will effect the course of the story and which of the love interests the Heroine ends up with.
- Participate in Date Events, Part-Time Job Events, and up to 50 other random events to enjoy.
- Expressive sprites with multiple poses and facial expressions
- Beautiful CGs and unique backgrounds!
- In game cheat codes to help players breeze through certain parts of the game.
This will be a commercial release, but by pledging at the $15 Early Bird tier, you all can snag a copy of the game. There are also a set of Stretch Goals that will expand the scope of the game if met. Some of the expanded features include voice acting, early backer release, and more!! Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Steam. The Campaign Goal is $2,500 and will run until June 7th 2017!
At this time there is a demo which can be downloaded from the itch.io page or the Kickstarter page. The demo covers a good bit of the game and gives players the opportunity to interact with all of the planned love interests! It may be short, but you’ll get a good feel for the mechanics and the characters, so it’s definitely worth checking out!
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There is still time left for the campaign and every little bit helps! The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out!
You can also contact GB Patch Games on Social Media through the following channels:
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!