Silent Voices is a psychological romance game told from the perspective of individuals from two different countries on the brink of war. Unlike most visual novels that stick to one gameplay style, Silent Voices incorporates elements of traditional visual novels and kinetic novels.
The industrial country Citelle has been locked in a fierce battle with the military country Martasco for centuries. In order to combat the fighting advantage that Martasco had, Citelle invented the HASBER project, an experiment that genetically alters physical abilities.
Follow the story of individuals who struggle to get back on their feet after being hurt by society, in a world where prejudice reigns strong, failure is unacceptable, and the HASBER project governs all.
There are two sides to every story and in Silent Voices the narrative is divided between characters from two countries (Citelle and Martasco), however only the Citelle characters have visual novel route. The corresponding Matasco routes are kinetic novel routes. There are two Heroines, Edelie (name changeable) from the Citelle side and Autumn from the Martasco side.
- Edelie is the Citelle Heroine, tasked with helping rehabilitate one of five “failed” HASBER project participants.
- Sebastian is besties with the usually unapproachable Leo and a bit of a narcissist. He enjoys looking at his own reflection just a bit more that is healthy, but he’s generally a pretty nice guy.
- Leo is an inquisitive young man who enjoys learning new things, though he isn’t the best at dealing with others. Leo seems to be a bit of a tsundere and he has a complex about his height.
- Charlie is an impassive young lady who’d much rather watch others than interact with them. Charlie dislikes her brother’s meddling and spends most of her time avoiding him. Because of her appearance she is often mistaken for a Martascan.
- Nick is Charlie’s adoring brother, he is super protective of her, going so far as to following her around. Nick is a good-natured guy, but he’s a bit of an airhead.
- Delaney can come off a bit stiff, given his straightforward nature and formal way of speaking, but he’s a pretty simple guy. He dislikes violence and he can be just a smidge oblivious sometimes.
- Autumn is the Martascan protagonist and a former lady of the court, she isn’t especially skilled at combat. Autumn is slow to speak and loves reading.
- Aries- She is a strong willed young woman and the best fighter when it comes to hand to hand combat. She’s a bit of a spit fire, especially when people look down on her for being a woman. This route corresponds to Sebastian’s route.
- Jayce- He is a carefree guy and childhood friend of both Autumn and Aries. Jayce is a bit of a flirt, but he’s easily flustered when the tables are turned on him instead. This route corresponds to Nick’s route.
- Theo- He’s more brains than brawn, spending most of his time constructing gadgets and toys. Theo tends to use a lot of puns and obscure references. This route corresponds to Leo’s route.
- Avery- He is a temperamental young man who doesn’t care much for the government. Avery tends to keep to himself, preferring to read or practice his archery. This route corresponds to Charlie’s route.
- Luna- She is the King’s adopted daughter who comes from a long line of well known assassins. She is open and bubbly, especially with Autumn who she considers to be something of an older sister. This route corresponds to Delaney’s route.
- An expansive visual novel experience with HOURS of gameplay and features!!
- The game is split into two gameplay styles: visual novel and kinetic novel.
- Each of the five visual novel routes corresponds to one of the five kinetic novel routes.
- There will be a total of FIVE romantic partners (4 male, 1 female), each with their own unique storylines and endings.
- There are a number of plot altering choices (visual novel routes only) and a total of 10 unique endings.
- Over 30 CGs and an original soundtrack.
This will be a free to play release, but by pledging at the $15 level, you will receive a copy of the Fan Disk that will expand on the story of the main game. There are also a set of Stretch Goals that will expand the scope of the game if met. Some of the expanded features include additional artwork and CGs, a fanservice special event, partial voice acting, and more!! Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, Linux, but the team is working to get the game Greenlit for Steam! The Campaign Goal is $5,200 and the KS will run until June 3rd, 2017!
At this time there is a demo which can be downloaded from the game’s itch.io page or on the KS page. The demo covers Day 0 of the game and gives players the opportunity to interact with all of the planned love interests! It may be short, but you’ll get a good feel for the mechanics and the characters, so it’s definitely worth checking out!
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There is still time left for the campaign and every little bit helps! The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out!
You can also contact Tamagobuns on Social Media through the following channels:
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!