Edit (6/4): The Kickstarter for this game failed to achieve the necessary funds by the deadline. Production of the game is on hold until the developers feel that there is a viable market for it.
Hey, hey guys I’m back with yet another Kickstarter campaign! This time around, I’m spotlighting Team geNe6’s upcoming dark fantasy visual novel, False Elegy. I usually focus on otome games and GxB titles, but this game really stood out from the rest. False Elegy will appeal to a rather diverse audience drawing inspiration from both Western and Japanese media.
The game will be especially appealing to fans of the Fate/Stay series and Tokyo Ghoul which were influential to the developers during production.
False Elegy is a dark fantasy romance visual novel that features an immersive gaming experience. In order to save a friend, a young man must bond with a member of the Fallen a race of people corrupted by sin.
Since the dawn of man, Ascendants have soared through the skies. To the humans, they are ethereal, divine and immortal beings, guardians of earth and protectors of humankind. But even among the Ascendants, there are those who have Fallen.
Areon and his partner Eden are Ascendants tasked with the elimination of the creatures born from sin – the Fallen. Following a tragedy, Areon chooses to participate in the Divinity Project; a project with the potential to rehabilitate Fallen and make them Ascendants once again. There is a risk though. During the project, a Divinity Link forms between Fallen and Ascendant and this means their fates are linked. They are connected until finally the Fallen Ascends and is freed from sin, or the Ascendant Falls to the same corruption as the Fallen.
At the selection, the beautiful Ark catches his attention. A Fallen never approached due to her insanely corrupted personality. Areon, undaunted by her ferocity, forms a link with Ark. However, he did not realize that his powers will be irrelevant. What will be challenged are his wits, resolve, and mental fortitude. What awaits him is a bigger task than he could have ever imagined.
–Synopsis (Team geNe6)
Areon is a prodigy among the Ascendants, known for his ability to quickly assess any combat situation. However, his laid back attitude leaves much to be desired.
- Ark is one of the most notorious Fallen, in Tuamera City. Cold and unapproachable, folks tend to give Ark a wide berth. Despite her reputation, she starts to take a keen interest in Areon…
- Eden is a sweet and compassionate Ascendant and a close friend of Areon. She is quick to lend a hand to anyone in need, but she still finds that she sometimes has to rely on others for help.
- Zola is a confident high ranked Ascendant and a respected leader. She can be a bit bossy, especially with Areon, but she means well.
- An expansive visual novel experience with HOURS of gameplay and features!!
- There are THREE female love interest and routes.
- There will be several choices throughout the game that will effect the course of the story and Areon’s fate!
- Multiple Endings
- Expressive sprites with multiple poses and facial expressions
- Beautiful CGs and unique backgrounds!
- An original soundtrack composed by Kinetik Lee
This will be a commercial release, estimated retail will be between €19.99, but by pledging at the €19 ($21) level, you all can snag a copy of the game. There are also a set of Stretch Goals that will expand the scope of the game if met. Some of the expanded features include voice acting, a prequel story, and more!! Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, Linux. The Campaign Goal is €23,000 ($25,293) and will run until May 25th 2017!
At this time there is a demo which can be downloaded from the game’s itch.io page and the KS page. The demo covers a good bit of the game and gives players the opportunity to interact with many of the characters from the main and supporting cast! It may be short, but you’ll get a good feel for the mechanics and the characters, so it’s definitely worth checking out!
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There is still time left for the campaign and every little bit helps! The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out!
You can also contact Team geNe6 on Social Media through the following channels:
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!