Hello Heroes and Travelers, here we are at the end of another week here on Nice Job Breaking It, Hero! Sorry this post is so late, but I’m still at Katsucon, an annual anime convention here in the DMV area… I’ve been having so much fun going to panels and snapping photos of cosplayers!!
Well, today is the last day of the con and while I may have spent more money than I originally intended, I had a blast!! I met some cool people, saw some amazing cosplays, and sat in on some great panels! Oh, yeah side note… I created an Instagram account, I’m a complete noob when it comes to social media sites, so I have no idea what to do with it really. I’ve been posting con pics on it all weekend, so if you’re curious definitely follow me, I’m poke_ninja90!
- Melanin Monday: I Am Not Your Stereotype- Racial Representation in Anime [Part I]– For Black History Month, I decided to start a brand new post series, featuring posts about phenomenal black and brown skinned characters in anime, manga, games, etc! This week i talked about the negative portrayals of black and brown skinned characters in anime…warning, it’s a bit ranty…
- [Special Valentines Day Guest Blogger] My Boyfriend Played an Otome Game?!- Roommates: Max’s Side– So, since Valentine’s Day was this week I decided to switch things up a bit! Instead of writing a V-day specific post, I had my BF, Myles play and review the Winter Wolves OELVN, Roommates. So check that out if you want to see what my BF thought of the game and otome games in general! 😛
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #6– This is the post where I spotlight three visual novels for gamers on a budget. Every game featured is priced $10 or less, so definitely check out this week’s thrifty picks!! I listened to your suggestions and added a non-otome game to the mix this time around!
- Fangirl Moment: Don’t Blame Me– For this week’s Fangirl Friday post, I decided to go with one of my absolute favorite BL manga series, Don’t Blame Me by Yugi Yamada! This is a pretty lighthearted manga with a wonderful cast of characters that will appeal to a wide range of readers, whether you are a fan of BL or not!
New This Week:
- The Annual MangaGamer Survey results are now up on their official blog, HERE!
- The most recent Pokemon Go update from Niantic added Gen II Pokemon to the app! (FINALLY)
- Players now have the chance to catch 80 New Pokemon from the Johto region, in addition the preexisting Kanto pokemon!
- Voltage Inc announced a new fantasy romance visual novel for their AmeMix line of games, Love & Legends!
- Michaela Laws, creator of the supernatural romance series Seduce Me released a new Valentines Day themed game, Valentine Panic!
- The game is only $1 (USD) on itch.io, HERE!
- The Kickstarter Campaign for Studio Theophilus’s upcoming fantasy fusion romance visual novel, Zodiac•Axis, ends TODAY @ 5:48PM EST!!
- Check out the campaign, HERE.
- Development for Sakubaka’s upcomming Victorian romance visual, Vicboys is underway!
- Check out the development blog, HERE, for up to date news about the project!
- All is not well in the Shall We Date universe! There have been reports that NTT Solmare is discontinuing a number of their popular SWD titles!
- Earlier this week Spincut released the demo for their post apocalyptic LGBTQ+ visual novel Who We Are Now on itch.io!
- Download the demo for free, HERE!
- PSP/PS Vita tome game, Sweet Fuse: At Your Side is now just $2.99 (70% OFF) in the PSN Store until 2/20 @11AM!!
- Take advantage of this amazing price by visiting the PSN Store, HERE!
- An updated demo for Meyaoi Games’s upcoming BL visual novel Seiyuu Danshi is now available for download, HERE!
- The updated demo includes some of the features players can expect in the full version of the game such as: updated sprites, quests, item purchasing, and a few 18+ options!
- Meyaoi Games also opened up pre-orders for Seiyuu Danshi on itch.io! The current retail price is $24.99!!
- Idea Factory Intl announced that there are plans to release the second half of Hakuouki Shinkai Hana no Shou in English! The first part of the game is being localized under the title Hakuoki Kyoto Winds, in the Spring!
- Read the note from Iffy on their Facebook page, HERE!
- Cheritz released a special Valentines Day update for their hit mobile app Mystic Messenger earlier this week!! Check out the official post on Tumblr for more details.
- The update includes a few bug fixes and additional Valentines themed stories for each of the characters.
- Steam announced that will be making some changes to their current Greenlit system, for more details check out the announcement, HERE!
- A new supernatural romance kinetic VN from Ebi-hime, Sweetest Monster is now available for download over on itch.io, HERE!
- The game does contain some sexual situations and serious themes.
- Mobile otome game developer Voltage Inc. released two new VR apps: Let’s Snuggle! AR and Intimate VR: Eisuke!
- In Let’s Snuggle AR, players can interact with a chibi version of Tsugumu Kido from the Voltage Inc. app Our Two Bedroom Story with AR tech, similar to the system used in Pokemon Go. The app is $3.99 and can be purchased from the Google Play Store or the App Store!
- In Intimate VR: Eisuke, players can interact with Eisuke Ichinomiya from the Voltage app Kissed By the Baddest Bidder. The app is $3.99 and can be purchased from the Google Play Store or the App Store!
- The Kickstarter Campaign for Project Trinity’s upcoming visual novel, Women of Xal, is still underway!!
- Check out the campaign, HERE.
- The Kickstarter Campaign for the upcoming mystery visual novel, Breakfast Cult, is still going strong!!
- Check out the campaign, HERE.
- Idea Factory made a special announcement this week via their Facebook page… A limited time only Hakuouki themed Festival and Cafe!
- Since tickets for the event sold out in less than 7 minutes, Iffy has decided to offer more tickets for the event!!
- Special thanks to Hayurika for telling me about this! Cybird recently released their newest app Otome Romance Novels!
- Through the new app, players can purchase stories from some of Cybird’s free to play apps to play whenever they want! The app currently has stories from Destined to Love available for purchase, but other games will be added in the future!
- To download the app from the App Store click HERE and for android users, click HERE to get it from the Google Play Store!
- The English localization of Otomate’s Period: Cube ~ Shackles of Amadeus ~ finally has an official release date of April 25th, 2017!
- Amazon is officially accepting pre-orders, HERE!
- D3Publisher’s Hyakka Hyakurou: Sengoku Ninpoujou is getting an English release on steam under the name Nightshade!
- The game will be fully voiced and will $34.99!
- However, upon it’s release Nightshade will be available for 20% off the retail price!!
- For more information about the game, check out the Official Site!
- Pre-orders for Hakuouki: Kyoto Winds (Hakuouki: Shinkai – Kaze no Shou) are now available, HERE!!
- Read the announcement, HERE!
Special Announcement x2 !!
Okay, so in the States, February is Black History Month, the one month out of the year where we acknowledge the achievements of African Americans in the US and the World! Personally, I feel like every day should be Black History Month, but that’s a discussion for another day! So, even though I’m already swamped this month with other projects, I really wanted to do something to celebrate my people, with a bit of an otaku twist, so I came up with an idea for a weekly post series (just for this month) called, Melanin Mondays!
Every Monday until the end of the month, I will upload a post spotlighting Black characters in anime, manga, comics, video games, etc. Sometimes the posts will feature one character and other times they will be a Top 5/10 List, or I might just throw in a short discussion post!! I am really excited for this and I really hope you all will enjoy it!!!
The second OWLS Blog Tour is underway, February’s topic focuses on Flight in Yuri on Ice!
An individual takes flight when there is a goal, a dream, or an ambition that he or she wants to achieve. However, for this blog post, we are going to look at “flight” in different lenses: the underdog’s dream, the possibilities that Yuri on Ice allows viewers to think about, and also the dangers of greed and ignorance that can influence one’s dream.
Each OWLS member will be uploading their individual posts throughout the month of February! This week’s Blog Tour guides were Pink-chan of Pinky’s Palace, who wrote a character analysis of Russian skater, Yuri Pilsetsky; Katrina Sade from GrimmGirl, who wrote about how Yuri on Ice normalized LGBTQ+ relationships; and Venus from Japanime Talks, who wrote about skating as an expression of love and Life in YOI!
There are just a few Blog Tour Stops left for the month so be on the look out for announcements on the Official OWLS Twitter @OWLSbloggers, where I will keep you guys updated on each of the upcoming posts and other OWLS news!
I really want to hear from you guys, let me know what you think of Nice Job Breaking It, Hero. What do you think about this change? Do you guys like my posts? Is there something you think I should fix or add? Please feel free to let me know here in the comments section, or you can use this contact form!
I’ve been at Katsucon all weekend, so I didn’t really get much of anything blogging related done, so this week’s posts will be a bit of a toss up! I’m still going to commit to the demo review for the upcoming supernatural romance visual novel, Changeling, so expect that sometime this week. This week’s Melanin Monday will be a Top 5 List of my Favorite Black Male Anime Characters!! So look forward to that!
I’m going to go on a bit of a Voltage Inc binge again, so depending on how I feel and how fast I can write reviews, expect to see a handful of those in the near future. I’m thinking I’ll jump into some of the older games, but who knows…
Thrifty Thursday will go up as scheduled with three brand new thrifty gaming picks for you all to try and for Fangirl Friday I’m going to cover a… I don’t know yet, let’s just see how this week goes shall we!
**Week 2 of the OWLS Disruptors Blog Tour is underway, with a post from Myself, Stephanie (Anime Girls NYC), and Hazelyn (Archi-Anime), and Takuto (Takuto’s Anime Cafe) coming out on Jan. 20th, 22nd, 24th, and 27th respectively.**
Since I’m so behind and since I’ll be at a Con next weekend, I’m just going to go ahead and extend the poll until the end of the month… What kinds of posts should I write more of? The poll will be open until February 28th at 11:59 PM UTC! You can find it in the side bar (or if you are using a phone/tablet @ the bottom of the page). If you still can’t find it, click the link HERE! I look forward to your responses!
Here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight four interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
Favorite Anime Crushes– This post comes from Avanithenerd of Read, Rhythms, & Ruminations! In this short post, Avanithenerd talks about five of her favorite anime crushes. Each of the guys are on the list for different reasons, but I assure you they are all swoon worthy! This is a fun post and a must read for anyone looking for a new anime crush!!
Paprika: A Movie About Dreams– This post comes from animeindianphilosopher of Anime Indian Philosopher! This is a very thorough review of one of the surreal animated films I have ever seen! Animeindianphilosopher, gives a very honest overview of the film, and while this blogger wasn’t especially fond of the film as a whole, this is still a solid review!
Top 6 Couples That Will Never Be A Couple– This post comes from NEETaku of Just… My 2 Cents! *snicker* Leave it to this blogger to have me rolling just from reading the title! In this “anti” Valentine’s Day post, NEETaku, spotlights six anime couples that will never ever seal the deal. I laughed, I cried, I raged… This is a fun post and a must read for folks still a little salty after all the LUV-LUV vibes from V-day!
3 Kawaii & Funny Day Anime Episodes That Will Make You Laugh This Valentine’s Day– This post comes from Rai of Rai’s Anime Blog! Last but not least, another V-day inspired post!! With so much LUV-LUV energy in the air, some folks are a bit down in the dumps, so if you are suffering from V-day Blues, Rai has just the thing to cheer you up: a list of Cute and Funny Anime!! YAY!!
So here we are at the end of this week’s post! Be sure to check out some of the bloggers from this week’s Weekly Blogger Spotlight, and drop them a line! Strike up a conversation or make a new friend! Don’t be shy get out there and mingle! 😉 Also, don’t worry if your post wasn’t featured in this week’s recap, keep writing and keep posting! I’ll keep my eye out!
See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Tell me what you think about my post? Anything you want to see more of? Less of? Have an idea for a post? Shoot me a line in the comments section or Message me on Twitter! Don’t be shy, I swear I don’t bite! I appreciate input and discussions from my readers so let your voice be heard…and finally, as always Thank You for reading!