Edit (2/6): The Kickstarter for this game was successful at meeting its funding goal. The final funding amount was $3,192 with 149 backers! The game now has a tentative release date of Spring 2017!
So, I came across this Kickstarter the other day, but it wasn’t until my buddy, Bishie hit me up about doing a collaboration demo review that I really started looking into Spirit Kinder Games’s upcoming supernatural romance, Wicked Love! I’m late, I know, it’s unavoidable, but better late than never!
This is the second crowd funding campaign for Wicked Love and it looks like the second times’s the charm, as they have already reached their funding goal and then some! This is a gorgeous game with a rather unique premise, that sets it apart from other supernatural romance games on the market!
Wicked Love is a GxB/GxG supernatural romance visual novel that blends elements of various underworld mythos with that of the biblical seven deadly sins, for a wickedly engaging gaming experience. Will you uncover the secrets of the underworld, or will desires of the heart seal your fate?
The player controls Eerie Bones, an eccentric human woman with plenty of moxie who mysteriously wakes up in a house called Limbo in the captivating underworld city of Tartarus, a city divided into 7 different districts, each one is heavily plagued by a different sin.
Without knowing how or why she ended up in Limbo, Eerie finds out she only has 100 days to prevent a rather grim fate. You will decide Eerie’s destiny as you make difficult choices, solve puzzles, and develop relationships with the denizens of Tartarus. With 7 different romance options (including a same sex option), 21 different endings, and an unlockable secret path, plenty of easter eggs, can you uncover the mystery surrounding Eerie’s fate?
-Synopsis (Spirit Kinder Games)
Each of the potential love interests is a demon lord of one of the seven districts of Tartarus and the embodiment of one of the seven deadly sins. Over the course of the game, Eerie will need to befriend each of the seven demon lords and obtain their seals in order to pass through the Seven Gates of the Underworld and return home. Along the way, players can choose to romance one of the Demon Lords…
Eerie is a mortal graphic artist whose life takes a supernatural turn, when she is transported to Limbo. With no memories of how she got there, Eerie must rely on her quick wit and the help of some sexy demons to get back home.
- Asher Dorvant is the Guardian of the district of Luxuria and the Demon of Lust.
- Sebastian Sangrey is the Guardian of the Abyss and the Demon of Pride.
- Sam Phoenix is the Guardian of the district of Ira and the Demon of Wrath.
- Watcher is the Guardian of the district of Acedia and the Demon of Sloth.
- Gillian Rousseau is the Guardian of the district of Avarita and the Demon of Avarice.
- Levi Agnarsson is the Guardian of the district of Invidia and the Demon of Envy.
- Wilder Naitohanta is the Guardian of the district of Limbo and the Demon of Gluttony.
- The game will feature a traditional visual novel gameplay experience with some elements of puzzle games and RPGs.
- There will be a few short mini-games and puzzles added for a more immersive gameplay experience.
- In addition to the seven Demon Lords, there will be an additional unlockable love interest, for a total of EIGHT romantic partners!
- Each character will come with their own branching storylines, for a total of 21 unique endings!
- The game also features an fantastic soundtrack and original artwork!!
- Currently there are 20 backgrounds and 12 CGs, along with beautiful character sprites!
This will be a commercial release, but by pledging at the $20 level, you all can snag a copy of the game and a few extra goodies. Spirit Kinder Games is also accepting pre-orders of the game directly from their site starting on Jan. 31st, 2017! There are a set of Stretch Goals that will expand the scope of the game if met. Some of the expanded features include additional characters, customization features for Eerie, and full voice acting. Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Steam! The tentative release date is set for Early 2017! The Campaign Goal is $550 and the KS will run until February 2nd, 2017!
There are download links for the PC version of the demo, HERE! The demo covers roughly 30 minutes or so of gameplay, so if you are still on the fence about the game or just want to see what the game has to offer give it a try.
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There are still 15 days left for the campaign and every little bit helps! The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out!
You can also contact Spirit Kinder Games on Social Media through the following channels:
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!