Hello Heroes and Travelers, here we are at the end of another week on Nice Job Breaking It, Hero! This was my first week back to work after having a long vacation, so I’m still trying to get back into the swing of things. It doesn’t help that the project that I’m currently working on is extremely dull and there seems to be no end in sight! *sigh*
Luckily I’ve had something fantastic to look forward to these past few weeks…*drumroll* My friend, no, my soulmate, Bishie started doing Let’s Plays on Youtube of RPG maker horror games and they are phenomenal! She creates all of these outstanding voices for each and every one of the characters in the game, that really draws the viewer in and I highly recommend giving them a watch if you have the time! You can view her channel by clicking the link…. HERE! She also writes some steamy fanfics over at Archive of Our Own, which also shouldn’t be missed!
- I Date Hot Guys on My iPad: A Love Affair with Virtual Bishies– Lately, I’ve been so caught up with all the schedules and reviews, that I’ve kind of lost sight of why I started this blog in the first place: because I love otome games and I want to share that love with the world. So I wrote a post about how I got into otome games to remind me why I fell in love with them to begin with!!
- Thrifty Gaming: Games That Won’t Blow Your Budget #2– This is the post where I spotlight three visual novels for gamers on a budget. Every game featured is priced $10 or less, so definitely check out this week’s thrifty picks!!
- Fangirl Moment: Sexy Anime Boyz– This video was shared with me by my dear friend and fellow blogger, Leafy over at Leafさんの夢が。。。 and I just had to share it with you all! Sexy Anime Boyz spoke to me on so many levels… I just… watch and you’ll see what I mean!
- Let’s Show Our Support for Mystic Destinies: Echoes– Mystic Destinies Echoes is a dark fantasy epic from Aeon Dream Studios and the planned sequel to MDSOA that will feature a new protagonist, Aurelia, and a new set of love interests (the antagonists from the first game). This is just a short write up of the Kickstarter campaign that will run until Feb. 4th, so definitely check it out and show your support, either monetarily or by sharing the post and campaign!!
New This Week:
- In order to bring us the best game possible, Dicesuki Games decided to delay the release of their upcoming fantasy visual novel, Cinderella Phenomenon until February.
- The demo is available for download, HERE!
- The Kickstarter Campaign for Aeon Dream Studio’s upcoming dark fantasy visual novel, Mystic Destinies: Echoes, the sequel to their 2016 debut title, Mystic Destinies: Serendipity of Aeons launched this week!!
- Check out the campaign, HERE.
- Naive Sprites is currently looking for feedback about their recent Kickstarter Campaign for their planned Alice in Wonderland themed visual novel, A Very Important Date.
- Check out their announcement, HERE, for links to the survey!
- GB Patch’s upcoming fantasy romance visual novel, A Foretold Affair will be released on January 30th!!
- If you are still on the fence about the game, feel free to check out the demo which can be downloaded, HERE!
- The Third Annual MangaGamer licensing survey is now open!! Fill out the survey and let MG know which games you’d like to see brought to the West!!
- Check out their announcement, HERE, for links to the survey!
- Everyone that completes the survey will be entered into a raffle for a free copy of Da Capo III R!
- Sekai Project announced that they will be bringing Ossan Club’s R18 visual novel The Bell Chimes for Gold to the English speaking market as part of their new otome game brand.
- Read the official announcement, HERE!
- Fancy Fish Games is now taking pre-orders for their upcoming fantasy visual novel,
＜/reality＞ on their official site, HERE!
- January marks the start of the third Dating Sim Community Game- Along! Check out the official post over at Chic-Pixel.com for details… HERE!
- E2 Gaming finally announced a release date for the localization of Taisho x Alice: March 2017!
- Click here for the official FB announcement!
- Development is still underway on GB Patch Games’s upcoming visual novel Floret Bond!
- Check out their twitter account, @Patch_Games, for announcements and updates.
- The demo for a Christmas themed romance/comedy visual novel, Your Christmas Lie is now available for download on itch.io!
- The English localization of Otomate’s Period: Cube ~ Shackles of Amadeus ~ finally has an official release date of April 25th, 2017!
- Amazon is officially accepting pre-orders, HERE!
- D3Publisher’s Hyakka Hyakurou: Sengoku Ninpoujou is getting an English release on steam under the name Nightshade!
- The game will be fully voiced and will $34.99!
- However, upon it’s release Nightshade will be available for 20% off the retail price!!
- For more information about the game, check out the Official Site!
- Pre-orders for Hakuouki: Kyoto Winds (Hakuouki: Shinkai – Kaze no Shou) are now available, HERE!!
- Read the announcement, HERE!
The very first OWLS Blog Tour is underway, January’s topic focuses on Disruptors in Anime!
To disrupt” has a negative denotation, but rather than looking at the verb in a negative light, we are going to use the verb in a positive way. It’s like the word, “protest” which has positive and negative connotations depending on the perspective of the person.”
Disruptors: An individual or a group disturbing a system or social norms/conventions that they believe is destroying what is morally right.
Each OWLS member will be uploading their individual posts throughout the month of January! This week’s Blog Tour guides were Venus from Japanime Talks, who wrote about the disruptors in Claymore and Arria Cross from Fujinsei, who wrote about the disruptors in Mobile Suit Gundam 00! There are many more Blog Tour Stops planned throughout the month so be on the look out for announcements on the Official OWLS Twitter @OWLSbloggers, where I will keep you guys updated on each of the upcoming posts and other OWLS news!
I really want to hear from you guys, let me know what you think of Nice Job Breaking It, Hero. What do you think about this change? Do you guys like my posts? Is there something you think I should fix or add? Please feel free to let me know here in the comments section, or you can use this contact form!
Ah so, I never did get around to those demos did I? *looks at drafts* Welp, I’ll give it the old college try and try my best to get those done this week, and since it’s three day weekend there’s a chance I might just get that accomplished! I’m currently playing through some of the older Voltage Inc. games for a bit of a nostalgia driven review cycle… but, I’m in no rush to finish those anytime soon. I’m also replaying Mystic Destinies: Serendipity of Aeons for the ends I didn’t get the first time, but the reviews for that game are going to be a slow go. I’m also working on a short OELVN that I’m about halfway through…
As for posts, I have a review for Voltage Inc.’s Bad Boys Do It Better ready to go for you guys, on Tuesday and I’m playing around with a few Top 10 ideas as well… one of which I’ll post this week. Thrifty Thursday will go up as scheduled with three brand new thrifty gaming picks for you all to try! For Fangirl Friday, I plan on writing about a manga series again, but I’m still not 100% on which one I’ll choose… I have more than enough to choose from 😛 !
The next poll is… What’s your ideal otome/otoge guy? [Choose Up to 3] The poll will be open until January 22nd at 11:59 PM! You can find it in the side bar (or if you are using a phone/tablet @ the bottom of the page). If you still can’t find it, click the link HERE! I look forward to your responses!
Here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight four interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
Kamome Hamada refreshes boys-love with manga based on true story– This post comes from Elisabeth O’Neill from Little Anime Blog! I absolutely love boys love manga and over the years I have read quite a few titles, some depict same-sex relationships in a positive light and others… not so much. In this short post, Elisabeth O’Neill spotlights a boys love manga that promises to revolutionize the genre, by featuring a more realistic BL relationship! This is a must read for fans of BL or for anyone looking for wholesome romantic same-sex relationships in Japanese media!!
Backlog: gaming according to your mood– This post comes from Yvonne from A Lady and Gaming! Like most gamers I have a massive backlog full of games that I may or may not ever get to, especially given the alarming rate at which I buy games *cough*… So, I’m always open to reading about how other gamers deal with their backlogs. In this short post, Yvonne details her mood based gaming technique, a gaming style that has served her well over the years! This is an excellent post about gaming trends and a must read for gamers regardless of their gaming methods!!
How my relationship with the Dragon Ball franchise has changed– This post comes from Scott from Mechanical Anime Reviews! We’ve all had an anime or TV show that we loved when we were younger, but when we go back and revisit it as adults, we find that our love has cooled considerably… Well, that’s where we find aniblogger, Scott after he recently watched the new Dragon Ball reboot, Dragon Ball Super. In this post, Scott explores his relationship with the franchise over the years! This is a must read for anime fans of all ages!!
From Up on Poppy Hill (2011)– This post comes from The-Well-Red-Mage from The Well Red Mage! An last, but certainly not least is a review from The Well Red Mage, about Studio Ghibli’s 2011 animated film, From Up on Poppy Hill! This blogger is currently in the middle of an ongoing Miyazaki film bonanza and I for one don’t ever want it to end! Each review gives an in-depth look at one of the studio’s critically acclaimed animated films. This is a must read for fans of Ghibli and fans of quality animated feature length films!!
So here we are at the end of this week’s post! Be sure to check out some of the bloggers from this week’s Weekly Blogger Spotlight, and drop them a line! Strike up a conversation or make a new friend! Don’t be shy get out there and mingle! 😉 Also, don’t worry if your post wasn’t featured in this week’s recap, keep writing and keep posting! I’ll keep my eye out!
See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Tell me what you think about my post? Anything you want to see more of? Less of? Have an idea for a post? Shoot me a line in the comments section or Message me on Twitter! Don’t be shy, I swear I don’t bite! I appreciate input and discussions from my readers so let your voice be heard…and finally, as always Thank You for reading!