Edit (8/30): The Kickstarter for this game was successful at meeting its funding goal and two of the stretch goals. The final funding amount was $9,036 with 328 backers! The game now has a tentative release date of March 2017!
I am super late with this, but, about a week ago an indie game developer actually reached out to me on twitter about their new 18+ BL visual novel, Sentimental Trickster! As you all know I am a lover of all things BL, so best believe I was over the moon to hear about another indie BL visual novel!!!
It’s taken me awhile, but I finally got around to playing the demo and I can’t wait to see the final product!! The game is the brain child of one woman, so everything you see in the demo was put together by one person! Talk about dedication!
Sentimental Trickster puts you in charge of Haru and all the important choices ahead. To be honest, your protagonist is not sure he’s made the right ones so far. The only thing he’s sure about is that he’s lost. Maybe moving to a big city wasn’t such a good idea after all? Especially when your boarding house is in the middle of a freaking big, black forest. Well, at least he meets a hot guy who shows him the way. Now the only thing left to do is start attending classes, graduate and become independent… that is, if you can even make a living after finishing an arts college.
- Haru- is the protagonist of the game and a college student out on his own for the first time in his life! He’s an up beat guy that always sees the positive side of any situation, but he has a hard time getting along with others…
- Shinya– is the cold intellectual type, the character descriptions from the Kickstarter page state that he has a “stick up his ass”. Oh yeah, challenge excepted, my bias is always the ice cold megane characters!
- Kanae– is a both popular and handsome, while still managing to maintain a perfect GPA! Even with all of his natural gifts, Kanae manages to be an all around decent human being!
- Jin– is the token bad boy character, but his work ethic is second to none! When he isn’t in trouble, Jin is busy working at one of his many part-time jobs.
- Soichiro– is the owner of the boarding house Haru lives at and the oldest of the potential love interests. He acts as an uncle-like character to Haru and the others, as he’s always willing to give them advice and most importantly… feed them!!
- At least TWELVE hours of gameplay
- Four potential love interests, each with their own romance paths
- If the $11,000 Stretch Goal is met, an additional secret love interest will be added.
- Beautifully drawn backgrounds, sprites, and CGs
- Planned 10-20 CGs
- Twelve potential endings
- Each ending is dependent upon the player’s choices over the course of the route.
- Optional romance, alone, and neutral endings.
There are a set of Stretch Goals that will expand the scope of the game if met. Some of the expanded features include additional CGs, a secret romanceable character, partial voice acting, additional Nitro+chiral-esque bad endings, an 18+ fandisk and much more… Upon it’s release the game will be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux; but, there is also a campaign to get the game greenlit for Steam as well! Please keep in mind that this game is a commercial release, so the final game will be $15, but there is an Early Bird tier on the Kickstarter that offers the game for ONLY $10 (as of right now there are only 10 left)! The tentative release date is set for March 2017! Currently the game has exceeded its $5,000 campaign goal with 173 Backers! The campaign will run until August 28th 2016!
There are download links for the PC version of the demo, right there on the Kickstarter page! The demo covers roughly an hour of gameplay, so if you are still on the fence about the game or just want to see what the game has to offer give it a try.
So PLEASE check out the Kickstarter campaign, HERE, and lend your support. There are still 29 days left and they are currently at $5,121 and every little bit helps! I’ve already made a contribution to the campaign and I can’t wait for the finished project when it is released. The various price tiers come with some nice goodies so definitely check them out! Also make sure to check out the webpage and twitter for production updates and news!
You can also contact them on Social Media through the following channels:
If you can’t help out monetarily, SHARE this post or the Kickstarter page on social media and spread the word! As always THANK YOU for reading!!!