Hello Heroes and Travelers, here we are at the end of another week here on Nice Job Breaking It, Hero! So, it’s been over a week since Pokemon Go was released in the US and boy have I been working out my leg muscles… Unfortunately the weather where I live has been 90° F and up, so every time I set foot outside I end up dripping with sweat…
I still have yet to start my Summer Job, but I did participate in one of the Team Meetings so maybe that means my paperwork is almost done… Right? At this point I just want to start! Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy doing nothing all day as much as the next person, but too much free time just makes me lazy. Finally, a special announcement…
I hit 100 Followers this past week!! I can’t believe that there are that many people out there that enjoy reading my awkward ramblings and reviews!! I started this blog almost a year ago, and I never would have imagined that it would grow into the blog it is today! I want to thank each and every one of you guys out there in the WordPress community for being so supportive and welcoming! I have met some amazing bloggers and made some amazing new friends! I still have more stories to tell and more lessons to learn, and I sincerely hope you guys will tough it out with me far into the future!
- 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 9: Best Anime Villain– I’m the type that likes my villains to be completely evil, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever! I mean, what’s the point of being a villain if you’re going to have a change of heart in the end? Well, I think I outdid myself with this pick, this villain is equal parts crazy and equal parts despicable! My pick for best anime villain is…
- 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 10: My Favorite Fighter Anime– This series inspired several popular fighting titles to date, but it’s a shame that not many people talk about it anymore. It’s gritty, it’s raw, and gosh darn it this series will put your heart through the ringer! I actually cried at the end of this series… I cried like a baby… so for my favorite fighter anime…
- 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 11: My Favorite Mecha Anime– Yeah, this choice was a game of Eeny, meeny, miny, moe… Mecha just isn’t my thing, so I apologize to the mecha fans in advance since this isn’t one of those prolific classic mecha series. Instead I picked a rather recent, much more lighthearted (at least in the beginning) series. So my favorite mecha anime series is…
- 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 12: Saddest Anime Scene– This scene really hit me in the feels. In fact, this scene hit much closer to home than I’d like to admit. Not only did this scene finalize an already devastating situation, but it added a realism to it that I just hadn’t seen in an anime up until that point. So, my pick for the saddest anime scene is…
- 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 13: Anime Character that I’m most similar to– After much deliberation, I finally settled on a character that I felt fit my personality better… This character is about as close to an anime twin as I could get, I’m pretty bad at personal assessments in the first place. So let’s get this show on the road, the anime character that I’m most like is…
- Support Love is a Game an English Visual Novel– Here we are again with another Kickstarter campaign for an upcoming commercial English otome game, Love is a Game! The game will be the first ever game by indie Chicago based company, Audilis.
- 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 14: An Anime that never gets old no matter how many times I watch it– I love this series, no matter how many times I re-watch this show it never gets old. Even after knowing how everything turns out, I still end up on the edge of my seat at every single time I watch it, because it is just that good! This is one of the few series that I wish was ongoing. So my pick for an anime that never gets old no matter how much I watch it is…
- 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 15: Favorite animal sidekick/pet or summoning from any anime– I don’t know whether to consider this character a summoning or a sidekick, he’s probably both. He’s a magical guardian with a bit of a sweet tooth, but don’t call him cute! With his small body it’s easy to underestimate his true potential, and let me tell you it’s huge! My pick for my favorite animal sidekick/pet or summoning from any anime is…
- Fangirl Moment: Satan and Me– Satan and Me is an ongoing 2014 webcomic series created by Tumblr user, Orangeplum. In the comic, there was a mix up at the maxi pad factory, and instead of the usual flowery designs, a box of pads is accidentally emblazoned with symbols for a demonic ritual. Unaware of the mix up, a young girl, Natalie finds herself in a sticky situation, when her period blood accidentally summons Satan himself.
- 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 16: Anime with the Best Animation– What makes this choice even harder, is that the prompt is kind of vague. Do I choose an anime with the best overall animation or one that animates certain scenes really well? In the end, I gave up on being technical about it and just picked an anime. I saw this anime a little while ago, but I remember really liking the animation… large noses aside. So, my pick for the anime with the best animation is…
So, in case you missed them, here were the PokeNews announcements:
- Pokemon GO finally available in the UK, US, Australia, and New Zealand!
- Players in the rest of the world will have to wait, as there has been no news of a release date from either The Pokemon Company or Niantic.
- There were some more new Pokemon revealed for the upcoming 7th Generation Pokemon games Sun and Moon… some were better received than others.
- The release date for Pokemon Sun and Moon is November 18th 2016 (Nov.23rd for Europe)!
- The July 20th Anniversary Legendary Distribution is a Go! This month’s legendary is Shaymin, so be sure to snag one for yourself from July 1st-24th through Nintendo WiFi!!!
- For Pokemon Trainers with a Pokemon Trainer Club Newsletter email subscription, received a serial code for Mew, in case you missed the February Distribution. The serial code is good until August 31st 2016!
New This Week:
- Aksys Games is attempting to localize Hakuouki: Sweet School Life in English, however Idea Factory needs a little convincing.
- Talk about a blast from the past, Nintendo is re-releasing their classic Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition in November, fully loaded with 30 classic games!!
- Who says money can’t buy love? The Indiegogo campaign for The Bell Chimes for Gold is now live, check out the campaign, HERE!
- So you guys remember the Kenka Bancho Otome post I wrote back in March about letting Spike Chunsoft know that there is a market for otoge in the West… Well there is now a petition for the Localization of the Kenka Bancho Otome, click HERE to show your support!
- Pre-orders for Precatio’s upcoming project, Kokorogawari are now open, HERE.
- You can either purchase the Standard Edition (just the game) for $20.00 or the Deluxe Edition (game+ soundtrack+ digital art book) for $30.00!!
- Mystic Messanger is now available in the Google Play Store.
- However, please be aware that the system is experiencing server issues. Cheritz is working to correct the issue, but be mindful that there will be login issues.
- Haikyuu doujin game, Cat’s Cradle is in production, for more information check Tumblr or LemmaSoft.
- Check out this upcoming otome game, Heart of Thorns, HERE. The final game will be released in Spanish, English, and maybe Japanese.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney-Spirit of Justice, featuring both Phoenix and Apollo, will be coming to the West in September 2016! I will keep ya’ll posted on that in the coming months.
- Check out the production blog/site for upcoming otoge, Dark Nights. The game will be free to play, but donations are appreciated, HERE.
This Week’s Voltage Releases:
After School Affairs
- Season 2: Rikiya – Dormitory for Adults Main Story and Ending Set now available for purchase.
Butler Until Midnight
- A Wanton Butler’s Request special story is now available for purchase.
- Only available for Yuma, Aoi, and Tomoki
Enchanted in the Moonlight
- Season 2 Sequel: Seeds of Doubt in Love’s Garden – Yukinojo is now available for purchase.
Era of Samurai-Code of Love
- Toshizo Hijikata: Love’s Command now available for purchase.
Kissed By the Baddest Bidder
My Forged Wedding
- Season 3: My Beloved Bride & Epilogue- Yamato Kougami is now available for purchase.
My Last First Kiss
- Season 2 Sweet Memories: Ichiya is now available for purchase.
Our Two Bedroom Story
- Small Damsel, Big Distress sub story is now available.
Scandal in the Spotlight
Star Crossed Myth
- Constellations of Love -Ichthys sub story is now available for purchase.
Voltage AmeMix Releases:
- Cerberus’s Season 3 Main Story 1 is now available for purchase in Astoria Fates Kiss.
- All characters Season 1 stories are available for purchase as Bundles (20% off) in Astoria Fates Kiss.
- Chance Valentine’s Season 2: Sinful Kiss Part 2 is now available for purchase in Gangsters in Love.
I updated my review for Ichiya Misono from the Voltage Inc game My Last First Kiss… I updated the featured image to match the banners for my newer Voltage reviews. I also changed the title from My Lover is an Unfriendly Guy: My Last First Kiss- Ichiya Misono to The Guy I Kinda Like is an Unfriendly Guy: My Last First Kiss- Ichiya Misono Season 1 Main Story, so that it’s more in line with my more recent reviews. However, I did not change the review itself…I will periodically go back and update some of my older reviews, however I don’t really believe in changing what I wrote (spelling and grammatical errors aside) since my opinion of routes rarely changes.
I really want to hear from you guys, let me know what you think of Nice Job Breaking It, Hero. What do you think about this change? Do you guys like my posts? Is there something you think I should fix or add? Please feel free to let me know here in the comments section, or you can ask me anonymously on Tumblr (just let me know that you’re from WordPress)!
This 30 Day Anime Challenge is one of the most time consuming things I have ever undertaken on this blog, but still fun. I literally have been writing non-stop for this challenge, not to mention the reviews I have been working on in between Challenge posts… But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I am so close to the end!!
- Sunday: 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 17: Favorite supporting male anime character
- Monday: 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 18: Favorite supporting female anime character
- Tuesday: 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 19: Most Epic scene ever
- Wednesday: 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 20: Anime character that gets on your nerves
- Thursday: 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 21: Favorite goofy character from any anime
- Friday: So for Fangirl Friday, I will cover a webcomic I’ve been following for awhile now, so look forward to that! In addition to the usual Fangirl Moments post I will also post 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 22: Favorite weapon or gear from an anime
- Saturday: 30 Day Anime Challenge- Day 23: Favorite attack someone used in a anime
This week’s poll is: What’s your favorite anime genre? I’m doing the 30 Day Anime Challenge for the entire month of July so I thought why not have a poll that reflects that… Let me know by voting! The poll will be open until July 30th at 11:59PM! You can find it in the side bar (or if you are using a phone/tablet @ the bottom of the page). If you still can’t find it, click the link HERE! I look forward to your responses!
Here we are again at the end of another Recap Post, where I highlight four interesting posts from other bloggers that showed up on my Reader this past week…
5 Moments I Let My Otakuness Slip– We all done it… We’ve all had those moments when we inadvertently reveal our otaku natures to an unsuspecting family member, friend, or in some cases a lover. Maybe it was that Pokemon theme ringtone that went off in the middle of class, or maybe it’s that Naruto scene you have set as your laptop’s background. Ya’ll know what I’m talking about, those moments when we let our “otakuness” slip! Well this blogger shares five moments where they accidentally revealed that they were an otaku! This is a really fun post, definitely a must read for all self proclaimed otakus!
[First Impressions] Mystic Messenger– This post comes from a blogger that I just recently became acquainted with, so I am thrilled to include it in this week’s spotlight! As most of you know, Cheritz, the company behind Dandelion Wishes Brought to You and Namless have just released their newest game, Mystic Messenger! This blogger gives an honest and thorough assessment of the app, that is a must read for folks still on the fence about the game.
How Obsessed are You with Pokemon Go?– Pokemon Go fever has been sweeping the world (at least those countries with access), by getting gamers to get up and get active! Since it’s release on July 6th, I have been braving the unforgiving elements in search of more Pokemon companions! Well, this blogger decided to share their personal Pokemon Go experience with us in this fun and exciting post!
Why Shounen is so good- Great Actions and My Appreciation for Underdog Characters– A little while ago, this blogger wrote a post about their love of shoujo anime… Well they’re back and this time they are talking about their love affair with shounen anime series. Like most anime fans, this blogger started out with the Big Three shounen series: Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. However, as their anime tastes grew, they found that shounen anime series were just not cutting it anymore… that is until My Hero Academia came around! This is a fun and informative post about all the things that make shounen anime great!
So here we are at the end of this week’s post! Be sure to check out some of the bloggers from this week’s Weekly Blogger Spotlight, and drop them a line! Strike up a conversation or make a new friend! Don’t be shy get out there and mingle!Also, don’t worry if your post wasn’t featured in this week’s post, keep writing and keep posting! I’ll keep my eye out!
See something in your Reader this week that you wanna share? Tell me what you think about my post? Anything you want to see more of? Less of? Have an idea for a post? Shoot me a line in the comments section or Ask Me anonymously on my Tumblr! Don’t be shy, I swear I don’t bite! I appreciate input and discussions from my readers so let your voice be heard…and finally, as always Thank You for reading!